PROOF Research Stainless Steel Barrels: Unwavering Commitment to Quality
PROOF Research may be most famous for their carbon fiber barrels, but the stainless steel barrels they produce are manufactured with the same commitment to quality and repeatability. In fact, the drilling, rifling, and lapping processes are identical to the processes used to produce their composite barrels.
PROOF starts with the same steel used in their carbon fiber barrels. It’s double-stress-relieved 416R chromium stainless steel that’s pre-hardened and specifically designed by PROOF engineers—in collaboration with world-class rifle barrel makers, of course—to provide the quality, repeatability, and durability you expect from a brand synonymous with world-class barrels. They offer a wide range of lengths and chambering options to fit a variety of actions, making a PROOF stainless steel barrel an outstanding choice for your custom build.
· Excellent machinability for gun drilling and reaming
· Exceptional polishability for uniform lapping
· Homogeneous microstructure responds to heat-treatment, providing a uniform hardness along the entire length of the barrel
· Optimum combination of high tensile strength and requisite toughness helps withstand extreme chamber pressures encountered during firing
· Excellent erosion-wear characteristics and corrosion resistance
There are no reviews yet.