Last updated February 23, 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of the Sterling Precision LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) community. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices regarding your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously and appreciate that, when you visit our website (sterlingprecision.net, “Website”) or use any of our services (“Services,” which includes the Website), you are trusting us with your personal information. Our Privacy Notice is intended to explain in clear detail which information we collect, how it is used, and the rights you have regarding this information.
Please take the time to thoroughly review this information. If there are any terms in this notice to which you do not agree, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services as well as any related services, sales, marketing, or events.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHICH INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED?
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
- HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE
- HOW TO REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE DATA COLLECTED FROM YOU
1. WHICH INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal Information You Voluntarily Disclose
We collect personal information you voluntarily disclose when you register on the Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website, or when you contact us.
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. Personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal information provided by you. We collect names, phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, job titles, and other similar information.
Payment data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as a credit or debit card number, and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by __________.
All personal information provided must be true, complete, and accurate, and it is your responsibility to notify us of any changes to this information.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes to support our legitimate business interests; to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent; and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds on which we rely next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account-creation and log-on processes. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from these third-party entities to facilitate the account-creation and log-on process for the performance of the contract.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com and include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback or to contact you about your use of our Website.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information to manage your account and keep it in working order.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you provide us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in receiving information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED?
We may process or share your stored data based on the following legal bases:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: When we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information when and where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
We we may also need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
5. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We only keep your personal information for as long as deemed necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us to keep your personal information longer than the period of time in which you have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in the European Economic Area and believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. Click or tap here for their contact details.
If you are a resident of Switzerland, contact details for the data protection authorities are available here.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you, at any time, wish to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, simply log in to your account settings and update your user account.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove and reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website click or tap here.
Opting Out of Email Marketing
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking or tapping the unsubscribe link in the emails we send or by contacting us using the details provided below.
You will subsequently be removed from the marketing email list; however, we may still communicate with you, for example, to send you service-related emails necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
To otherwise opt-out, access your account settings and update your preferences.
7. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers, and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications, include a do-not-track (DNT) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and/or collected. Currently, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As a result, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking we must follow is adopted in the future, we will inform you about said practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
8. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure such data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all of our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date, and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact us via email at email@example.com or by mail at: :
Sterling Precision LLC
1602 Airpark Drive
Farmington, MO 63640
11. HOW TO REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE DATA COLLECTED FROM YOU
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you as well as the right to change or delete that information under certain circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please visit our website. We will respond to your request within 30 days.